Invitation for Tenders
Cholpon-Ata Water Sub-Project
Water Supply Improvement Works
- This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on February 9, 2018.
- Municipal Enterprise «Cholpon-Ata Vodokanal» hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and European Investment Bank (EIB) and the grant from European Union’s Investment Facility for Central Asia (EU IFCA), administered by EBRD, towards the cost of the Cholpon-Ana Water Sub-Project. This project aims at improving the water supply in the City of Cholpon-Ata in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- The Employer now invites sealed tenders from Contractors for the following contract[s] to be funded from part of the proceeds of the EBRD and EIB loans and EU IFCA grant:
Contract # ChAWP-2: Water Supply Improvement Works, including:
Identification and Names of Lots
Civil works (including new potable water tanks, rehabilitation of existing potable water tanks, offices & garage)
Rehabilitation of water wells (supply & installation of well pumps and transformers)
Tenders are invited for one or more lots. Each lot must be priced separately. Tenders for more than one lot may offer discounts and such discounts will be considered in the comparison of tenders.
- Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of EBRD and EIB loans and EU IFCA grant is open to firms from any country.
- To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must substantially satisfy the following minimum criteria:
Minimum average annual turnover of the Tenderer, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 3 (three) years as follows:
- Lot 1 – 1,500,000 Euro.
- Lot 2 – 250,000 Euro.
Experience as contractor in at least 3 (three) contracts within the last 5 (five) years, each with the value of at least:
- Lot 1 – 750,000 Euro.
- Lot 2 – 100,000 Euro.
that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works.
- The Tenderer shall be able to present all the necessary certificates, permits and licenses required by Kyrgyz authorities in relation to the works before the beginning of the Works.
In the event that a tender is submitted by a joint venture, consortium or association, the tenderer must meet the following criteria:
- At least one partner must meet 60% of the eligibility criteria for the work experience and financial indicators mentioned above;
- Each remaining partner must meet at least 25% of the qualification criteria for the work experience and financial indicators mentioned above.
- The tender documents are available electronically, on a free of charge basis.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of
- Lot 1 – 19,000 Euro.
- Lot 2 – 2,500 Euro.
or its equivalent in a convertible currency.
- Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 15:00 (local time) on 5 June 2019, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
- The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R, Rev. November 2017) which can be located at: https://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/procurement/policies-and-rules.html
Prospective tenderers may obtain the tender documents and further information through the following contact details:
Mr. Aslan Akunov, Head of PIU
Municipal Enterprise «Cholpon-Ata Vodokanal»
Sovetskaya Street, Cholpon-Ata, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 3943 42479
Fax: +996 3943 42677
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com