The provision of finance for the reconstruction of a 67 km long Kurty-Kapshagai road section of the Almaty-Astana highway, Centre-South transport corridor in Kazakhstan. The JSC KazAutoZhol under the Ministry of Investment and Development is the road agency that is seeking the EBRD finance for a section of the 67km long section “Kurty-Kapshagai” (the “Project”).
The proposed investments include the reconstruction of the existing road (two-lanes, Kazakh technical category 2 road), the reconstruction of bridges and upgrading of intersections as well as financing of supervising engineers, implementation assistance and institutional components.
As this Project involves the reconstruction and widening of the existing road (from two lanes to four-lane) for the 67 km of the road section, the EBRD has assigned it a Category A, which means that a comprehensive Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and review of associated documents must be carried out, followed by their public disclosure for a minimum period of 120 days.
There is a project summary document available for this project.
- Supplementary Environmental and Social Impact Assessment: English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
- National Environmental Impact Assessment (2017) (Upon request translation can be provided)
- Non-Technical Summary (NTS): English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP): English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
- Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP): English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
- Livelihood Restoration Framework (LRF): English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
- Environmental Social and Management Plan (ESMP): English | Kazakh | Russian (August 2018)
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
Asel Zeinullina, E&S Senior Expert,
Astana, Amman 8, BC Milano
EBRD Resident Office in Astana
2, Dostyk street
Saad Business Centre
Tel. +7 7172 554246
Fax.: +7 7172 554245
Environmental or social enquiries
Asel Zeinullina, E&S Senior Expert
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014