The EBRD helps early-stage enterprises to develop and thrive with the help of mentors. Could you be one of them?
Are you an experienced entrepreneur with substantial start-up experience or a senior executive with a proven track record in business development? Are you confident in providing guidance and feedback to young businesses? And would you like to see start-ups in developing economies emerge on the world’s stage with your support?
If you’re looking to share the wealth of your business expertise with start-ups and interested in travelling to the regions where we work, we can match you with companies in need of your know-how.
How to apply
Please send your CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn page to email@example.com with “Mentor application” followed by your name in the subject line.
Why you should you become an EBRD mentor
As one of our mentors, you will:
- support the start-up ecosystem and innovative enterprises in developing economies worldwide
- work with the next generation of entrepreneurial talent and emerging technologies and launch them on global markets
- see new businesses emerge on the world’s stage with your support and encouragement
- apply and improve your own mentorship and entrepreneurial skills
- join a global network of business leaders and mentors.
While this is not a paid assignment, we will reimburse travel and accommodation expenses as well as any associated costs.
Are you eligible?
We are looking to expand our network of mentors to disciplines ranging from the information, communications and technology sectors to marketing and sales, product development, logistics and others.
To take part, you must meet at least three of the following criteria:
- you have already worked at a successful start-up or a globally known accelerator
- the start-up you worked for has been acquired or raised significant funding
- you have engaged in start-up mentoring before (such as at an international conference, during one-to-one meetings)
- you are an entrepreneur with previous start-up experience and have grown your own business
- you are a senior executive working in the private sector with a proven track record in business development.
- you can demonstrate excellent communication skills and feel confident providing guidance to young companies.
What is the commitment?
We appreciate that your time is limited but we would ask you to commit to 10 days a year per assignment.