Executing Agency (Client):
The Public Water Utility “JKP VISOKO d.o.o. Visoko ”
The Client Contact Person:
Dino Delibašić, Acting Executive Director for Technical Affairs
JKP “Visoko” d.o.o.
Naselje Luke II, br.16,
Bosnia and Herzegovina
+387 32 738 600
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 8518
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The Public Water Utility “JKP VISOKO d.o.o. Visoko ” (the “Company”) supported by the Municipality of Visoko (the “Municipality”) approached the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “Bank” or the “EBRD”) with a request to assess the possibility of financing expansion of water supply system in Municipality of Visoko under the Visoko Water Supply Project (the “Project”). The Project plans to expand the water supply system and repair the existing network in the city of Visoko. This is expected to provide environmental and health benefits compared to the existing situation by improving the quality, reliability of drinking water supply and reducing water losses. The Project includes the reconstruction of the existing facilities and expansion of the water supply system to connect additional 3,000 households with total population estimated at 11,000.
The Project’s priority investment programme is estimated at around EUR 6 million where the Bank is planning to provide a loan up to EUR 4.5 million, to be co-financed by a capital grant of EUR 1.5 million from an international donor. The final amount of the investment needs for the Project will be confirmed and finalized as a result of the ongoing separate Feasibility Study.
The overall objectives of the assignment are to:
• Provide assistance to the Company in developing an efficient and focused Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme (“FOPIP”) that would cover technical operation of assets, monitoring of the quality of service and implementation of the Environmental and Social Action Plan (“ESAP”). Special focus will be dedicated to development of labour restructuring including preparation of detailed action plan towards full legal separation of water and wastewater operations from other activities and increasing labour productivity;
• Provide assistance to the Company in developing and concluding a focused Public Service Contract (“PSC”) with the Municipality that will include clear technical and financial performance requirements for the Company and obligations on the Municipality in support of achieving such requirements including development of formulae for calculation of tariffs based on full cost recovery.
Please see attached the TOR for additional assignment details.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q4 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 6 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 150,000.00 (exclusive of VAT). Subject to availability of funding, the performance of the selected Consultant and the specific needs of the Client the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope.
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: EBRD Shareholders Special Fund.
Eligibility: The Consultant engaged for the Advanced Procurement Support assignment is not eligible for this assignment.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with previous project experience related to undertaking FOPIPs for IFIs in the water sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or the Western Balkans for projects of similar size and complexity. The Consultant should preferably have a good knowledge of IFI procedures and rules on public procurement and disbursement policies.
The Consultant shall provide adequate staff in terms of expertise and time allocation, as well as needed equipment in order to complete the activities required under the scope of work and to finally achieve the objectives of the project in terms of time, costs and quality.
The Consultant shall be responsible for mobilisation of financial, legal and other professional staff with the proven experience in the supporting the financial and operational management of facilities. Where staff does not speak the local language, interpretation and translation will be the responsibility of the Consultant.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
a) Key Expert No 1 (Project Manager) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in water and wastewater sector projects.
b) Key Expert No 2 (Financial Expert) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in water and wastewater sector projects.
c) Key Experts No 3 (Pool of Additional Experts) consisting of Utility Management/Institutional Experts/Legal/ Environmental and Social/Local Experts
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in the Western Balkans region and preferably in BiH (30%)
(b) Firm’s previous project experience in carrying out similar assignments for similar size projects (40%)
(c) CVs of Key Experts including demonstrated previous professional experience in the related area of expertise (30%)