Amendment Issued 13/01/2017:
i) The Closing Date for receipt of expressions of interest is extended until 20 January at 17:00 Local time.
ii) Electronic copies of all expressions of interest will be sent to the following additional email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Executing Agency (Client):
Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality - Department of Transportation Planning and Rail Systems
The Client Contact Person:
Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality
Incilipinar Mah. 3.Nolu Cad.
Tel: 0090 342 211 1255
Fax: 0090 342 211 12 88
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6765
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality ("GMM", the "Client" or the "City") has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("EBRD" or the "Bank") to provide technical assistance for the acquisition of 50 low-floor buses (the "Project"). GMM’s municipal bus fleet serves approximately 56,400 passengers per day. Both the LRT network and municipal buses are operated by Gazi Ulas (the "Company").
The Project will contribute to sustainable urban transport on a commercialized footing in Gaziantep within the context of rapid response to the refugee crisis in the City. The investment will reduce the pressure on municipal services and improve the access to local infrastructure services.
The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the "Consultant") to assist in the implementation of investments and support a Project Implementation Unit ("PIU"), which will consist of procurement and technical specialists from the City's relevant departments (the "Assignment"). The PIU will be set in the Municipal Transportation Department and is aimed to ensure a transparent procurement process as well as assistance with technical acceptance, documentation and training.
The overall objective of the assignment is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by rendering assistance to the Client in the implementation of the Project, including design, all aspects of procurement and disbursement, and environmental and social (EandS) requirements.
The Consultant shall build project management capacity of the City by implementing the following tasks:
- Provide project management support to the City's Department of Transportation Planning and Rail Systems to co-ordinate, administer, manage, monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Project, including project implementation, contract and financial administration;
- Ensure that all reports required by the EBRD for implementation of the project and the loan are submitted on schedule;
- Ensure that the project's risks mitigating measures are duly implemented;
- Arrange preparation of the prequalification, if any, and tender documents for procurement of works and goods;
- Arrangement of the tendering procedure for goods and related services including evaluation of tenders and drafting tender evaluation reports;
- Administration of contract implementation;
- Assistance in all environmental and social (EandS) aspects.
- Arrange timely disbursements under the contracts.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of three years.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 200,000 (exclusive of VAT). The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: The EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant shall be a firm or group of firms with proven experience in the administrative management, procurement, design and administration, of projects and activities similar in terms of nature, scope and size. The consultant should also have experience in completing similar projects in the conditions similar to those of Turkey.
It is anticipated that the Consultant’s team shall include the following expertise with short-term support as required in other disciplines.
More specifically, the following key experts are required:
Project Manager /Technical expert in urban transport
Procurement and Contracts Specialist
Additionally, adequate local support stuff shall be provided for the administrative task under the project and be responsible for the translation of documents from Turkish to English and vice versa, as necessary.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs and the Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
One original and two copies of the expression of interest, in English and Turkish, shall be submitted to the Client in an envelope marked "EXPESSION OF INTEREST for GAZIANTEP CNG BUS PROJECT PHASE II – PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT", to reach the Client not later than on 16 January 2017 at 14:00 (Turkish time). One copy in English and Turkish should also be submitted by email to the Client.
A copy in English and Turkish should be submitted by email only to the EBRD's contact person by the same due date.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- Firm's previous project experience in procurement and project implementation support in the urban transport sector (35%)
- Firm's experience in completing similar projects in the conditions similar to those of Turkey (15%)
- CVs of the Key Experts with relevant experience as outlined above (50%)