Executing Agency (Client): Gyumri Municipality
The Client Contact Person:
Ararat Balabekyan, Advisor to the Mayor of the City of Gyumri
Project Implementation Team Leader
Vardananc Square 1, Gyumri 3104
Phone: +374 312 2 22 04
Fax: +374 312 3 26 06
EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: +44 20 7338 6369
The Municipality of Gyumri (the Client) has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) to provide technical assistance for the rehabilitation of primary and secondary streets, as well as the modernisation of public lighting in the City (the Project).
The Client is responsible for overall parking policy, regulation of parking spaces, tariffs for on-street parking, management of on-street parking and municipal car parks, revenue collection and enforcement. The Transport and Housing and Environmental Protection Departments of Gyumri Municipality are responsible for enforcing the Traffic Act.
As a result of growing car ownership, the demand for parking in the city centre is rapidly increasing and demand far exceeds the available parking places. This results in parking on sidewalks on a large scale, which adversely affects safety and the inner city environment. Furthermore, the shortage of parking spaces could inhibit the economic development of the city centre in the long term.
The City is interested to investigate options for improved management of parking provision within the town to ensure an effective use of urban roads and use of parking tariffs as a proxy user charge for road use. Additionally, it is interested in exploring possibilities for private sector participation in managing on-street parking in the city centre, including operating contracts and concessions.
In order to develop the parking sector, sound data on current and future parking demands must be available, a sustainable long-term Parking Strategy adopted by the City Council, and enforcement of parking regulations secured.
The Client wishes to engage a consultant (the “Consultant”) to analyse the present situation in the City, develop a long-term, coherent Parking Strategy to be approved by the City Council and elaborate an Action Plan setting out short- and long-term steps to improve parking provision in line with sustainable transport objectives (the “Assignment”).
The following are the main objectives of the Assignment:
- analyse the current parking supply and demand in Gyumri city centre, and the current organisation and effectiveness of parking management and enforcement;
- recommend a Parking Strategy, including future levels of on- and off-street parking supply and related tariffs; and
- elaborate an Action Plan, including recommendations to increase parking supply, improve utilisation of existing spaces, and the associated organisational and financing structures. The Action Plan shall include a pilot parking scheme as an initial phase of the proposed scheme.
The extent of the study zone to be covered shall be agreed at the outset of the study but shall include as a minimum the current areas of paid parking managed by the City Council.
Additional information on the scope of services required is available from the full terms of reference: http://www.ebrd.com/documents/technical-cooporation/tor-gyumri-parking-strategy-.pdf
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 6 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 160,000 (exclusive of VAT). The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant shall be a firm or group of firms preferably with previous project experience related to urban parking projects, including developing parking strategies, parking action plans (including pilot) and the associated organisational and financing structures.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
Key Expert 1: Team Leader/Parking Expert with preferably eight years’ experience of carrying out parking surveys and parking strategies, with preferably four years’ experience in former Soviet Union countries. The Team Leader would preferably have a Bachelor’s degree.
Key Expert 2: Transport Expert with preferably five years’ experience of carrying out parking surveys and parking strategies. The Transport Expert would preferably have a Bachelor’s degree.
Key Expert 3: Legal Expert with preferably five years’ previous project experience of parking legislation and regulation.
Key Expert 4: Finance Expert with preferably five years’ previous project experience of capital and operating cost estimations and financial evaluation of similar projects, with preferably two years’ experience in former Soviet Union countries.
Key Expert 5: Economic Expert with preferably five years’ experience of economic evaluation in similar projects.
Key Expert 6: Environmental Expert with preferably five years’ experience of carrying out environmental analyses in accordance with the environmental policy, guidelines and requirements of the EU and major IFIs, preferably including experience on gender and road safety issues.
Non-key experts are expected to include local experts.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
One original and 2 copies of the expression of interest, in English and Armenian, should be submitted to the Client in an envelope marked “EXPESSION OF INTEREST for Gyumri Urban Roads and Street Lighting Project – Parking Strategy and Action Plan”, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. The EOI should also be submitted electronically (PDF) to the Client and EBRD contact person by the same due date.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a financial proposal as part of the expression of interest. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria and weightings are as follows:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in parking projects, including parking strategy, parking action plans (including pilot) and the associated organisational and financing structures - 35%
(b) Firm’s experience in the region (Caucasus, former Soviet Union) - 20%
(c) CVs of Key Experts 1-6 - 45%