AMENDMENT ISSUED 24/11/2016:
- CONSULTANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT HARD COPIES OF PROPOSALS TO THE ADDRESSES SPECIFIED IN THE PROCUREMENT NOTICE.
- THE DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS IS CHANGED TO 12 DECEMBER 20016
Project Description: The Open Stock Holding Company Barki Tojik (BT or the Client) is a 100% state-owned vertically integrated power utility responsible for generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Tajikistan. The Government of Tajikistan requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) collectively the Lenders and the European Union’s Investment Facility for Central Asia (EU IFCA) collectively the Co-Financiers to finance the Sugd Energy Loss Reduction Project (SUGD).
The first part of SUGD is at its final stage and includes (i) Lot 1. Supply and Installation of Smart Meters, Meter Reading System Equipment, Auditable Billing System in Khujand and Surrounding Municipalities, and (ii) Lot 2 Rehabilitation of Khujand Electrical System.
The SUGD Extension Project (the Project) includes the construction of a new substation (Temurmalik) 110/10 kV in the southern part of Kamoli Khujandi Park. It will also include the connection by a 2.5 km /110 kV OHL Double Circuit to another substation and ancillary equipment.
Assignment Description: BT intends engaging a consulting firm (the PIU Consultant) to provide organisational and technical assistance to the Client to ensure the successful completion of the Project in accordance with the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and with all EBRD requirements stipulated in the Loan Agreement (the Assignment).
The Consultant needs to ensure close coordination of activities with the PIU Consultant engaged for SUGD ongoing project. BT expects both consultancy teams to coordinate their activities in a professional and open manner with the common target to successfully implement the Project.
Please see detailed Terms of Reference for the Assignment.
Assignment Duration: 30 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 300,000; exclusive of VAT.
Funding Source: EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no consultant nationality eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms experience in supporting Clients in similar types of assignments in the hydropower sector.
The Consultant’s team is expected to include the following Key experts, both internationals and locals:
- Team Leader/Substation Engineer preferably with 12 years of experience in planning, design and implementation of substation construction projects including Project Management and Contract Supervision experience;
- Overhead Lines Engineer - preferably with 10 years of proven experience in construction or designing of MV and HV OHL. The Expert should demonstrate hands-on experience in similar nature of assignments and complexity (design and construction of MV and HV OHL);
- Procurement Expert preferably with 10 years of proven procurement experience in power sector projects especially electricity distribution with relevant IFI’s experience;
- Construction Engineer preferably with 10 years of proven experience in construction. The Expert should demonstrate hands-on experience in similar nature of assignments and complexity (design and construction of substation and outgoing lines);
- Engineer Designer preferably with 10 years of proven experience design of energy facilities. The Expert should demonstrate hands-on experience in similar nature of assignments and complexity;
- Pool of short term experts including
- Local medium voltage installation expert with full engagement;
- Relay Protection Engineer
- Environment and Social expert
All experts are required to be fluent in English, both written and spoken, speaking knowledge of Russian language is preferable.
Submission Requirements: Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit proposals.
In order to determine the qualifications and competence of consulting firms the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms' profile, organization and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. Proposed work plan and methodology.
4. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
5. Financial Proposal (in a separate sealed envelope shall be clearly marked "FINANCIAL PROPOSAL DO NOT OPEN UNTIL COMPLETION OF TECHNICAL EVALUATION").
6. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information should not exceed 20 pages excluding CVs and the Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet.
The Consultant must submit two separate envelopes:
(a) Technical Proposal: one (1) original in English, two (2) copies in Russian and one (1) CD-ROM including English and Russian versions of Technical Proposal only;
(b) Financial Proposal: one (1) original in English and (1) copy in Russian in a separate envelope.
The Proposals must be submitted no later than:
Date: 12 December 2016
Time: 15:00 (Dushanbe local time)
The Proposal submission address is: State Committee on Investment and State Property Management of Republic of Tajikistan.
Address: 27, Shotemur Str., Tender Box No.1, Dushanbe, Republic Tajikistan
The opening shall take place at:
State Committee on Investment and State Property Management of Republic of Tajikistan.
Address: 27, Shotemur Str., room #9
Date: on the same date as proposals’ submission
Time: 15:05 (Dushanbe Local Time)
The Executing Agency’s Contact Details:
Head of PIU “Energy Loss Reduction”
OSHC “Barqi Tojik”
734026, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
In addition, one copy of the proposal in English and one copy of the proposal in Russian shall be sent to EBRD’s contact person below:
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. The highest-ranked consultant will be invited to negotiate the contract.
2. The evaluation criteria are:
a) Consultants' Experience in similar assignments (25%)
b) Consultants' experience in Tajikistan and Central Asia (15%)
c) Proposed Work Plan and Methodology (20%)
d) Qualification and experience of Key experts proposed (30%)
e) Transfer of knowledge(10%)
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is: 70.
Please note that only the Financial Proposals from Consultants passing the minimum technical score (St) will be opened.
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100.
The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as following:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest price, and “F” the price of the proposal under consideration.
The weights given to the Technical (T) and Financial (P) Proposals are:
T = 85 and
P = 15
Proposals are ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = the weight given to the Technical Proposal; P = the weight given to the Financial Proposal; T + P = 1) as following: S = St x T% + Sf x P%.