Project Description: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD" or the "Bank") has developed a project (the "Project") together with Limited Liability Partnership Company Turgyn uy Kyzylorda, 100 per cent owned by the City Akimat municipal company, ("the Company" or the "Client") to assist in modernisation of the street lighting system of the City of Kyzylorda.
The Project's Investment Plan developed during the feasibility study is provisionally includes the following components:
- centralised control centre for the system;
- modern system monitoring solutions package;
- retrofit of the existing out-dated street lights with light-emitting diodes ("LED") luminaries in the city and;
- replacement of the deteriorated street lighting poles.
Assignment Description: The Company now intends to retain a consulting company (the "Consultant") to facilitate the timely and effective procurement of the Project components by rendering assistance in the prequalification of applicants, preparation of tender documents, evaluation of tenders and the contract award (the “Assignment”).
The expected outcome of the Assignment is the successful procurement of works and goods in accordance with the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules, and the successful and timely completion of the Project.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- advise the Company on procurement strategy;
- assist the Company to prepare tender documents, clarifications/explanations and other relevant information to facilitate preparation of the tender documents;
- assist the Company with clarifications and amendments to the tender documents;
- assist the Company during tenders opening session and draft the tender opening minutes;
- assist the Company with the evaluation of tenders and prepare evaluation report;
- develop Design-Supply-Install-Operate&Maintenance("SIO&M") contract;
- assist the Company with drafting the contract with the winning tenderer, notification of contract award and notice to unsuccessful tenderers;
- confirm the taking over of the street lighting system and energy efficiency savings during the first 6 months of operation;
- assist in monitoring of the DSIO&M contract;
- support the Company in resolving complaints, if any.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in 3Q 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 24 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 150,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is expected that the Assignment will be funded by EBRD’s donor funded programme. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility criteria.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience related to:
- Provision of procurement training and tender support preferably in street-lighting projects; and
- Knowledge of procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (“IFIs”) (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) applied to similar projects in similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe).
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
- Key Expert No 1 Project Manager (Street Lighting Operations Specialist) with preferably five years or more of previous professional experience in project management in the municipal sector preferably in similar assignments and in similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe).
- Key Expert No 2 IFI Procurement, Contracts Specialist with preferably five years or more of previous professional experience in the relevant sector and similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe).
- Key Experts No 3 LED urban lighting expert with preferably five years or more of previous professional experience in LED urban lighting.
- Key Expert No 4 Environmental and Social Experts preferably five years or more previous professional experience in the successful implementation of similar assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other IFIs.
- Key Expert No 5 Financial expert with preferably five years of practical experience in public financing and modelling.
- Key Expert No 6 Legal expert with preferably five years relevant experience and knowledge of the Republic of Kazakhstan’s legislation.
- Key Expert No7 Local counterparts - Engineer for local support with preferably five years relevant practical experience.
All Key Experts shall be fluent in written and spoken English. It is essential that the Consultant’s team contains experts that are fluent in Russian.
Non-key experts are expected to include an Office Manager /Translator/ Secretary.
The Consultant shall be responsible for mobilisation of qualified engineers, technicians and other professional staff with the proven experience in the administrative management, procurement, design and supervision of similar construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions.
Submission Requirements:In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken preferably in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link: http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc.The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English and Russian via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s previous project experience in conducting procurement training and tender support preferably in street-lighting modernisation – 30%
- Firm’s knowledge of procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) applied to similar projects in similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe)– 30%
- CV of Key Expert No 1 with previous project experience in project management in the relevant sector in similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe) – 10%;
- CV of Key Experts No 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 with previous project experience in similar assignments in the relevant sector and similar environments (CIS and Eastern Europe); International experts’ knowledge of Russian will be considered an advantage - 30%.
The Client Contact Person:
Limited Liability Partnership Company “Turgyn uy Kyzylorda”
Akmeshit District, 120011
City of Kyzylorda
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EBRD Contact Person:
Mrs Viv Headlam
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6885