THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
Executing Agency (Client):
City of Belgrade, City Administration of Belgrade - Investment
and Housing Agency
6 Nikole Pasica Square
Republic of Serbia
The Client Contact Person:
Mr Dragan Milosevic
City of Belgrade, City Administration of Belgrade - Investment and Housing Agency
6 Nikole Pasica Square
Republic of Serbia
Phone + 381 11 3216219
Fax + 381 11 3216374
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7750
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “Bank” or the “EBRD”) has agreed to extend a loan to the City of Belgrade (the “City”, “Belgrade”) to finance the costs of Belgrade Public Transport and Traffic Infrastructure Improvement Project (the “Project”). For the completion of the Project, the EBRD is financing the amount of EUR 87 million and the European Investment Bank (“EIB”) may finance in the future the amount of EUR 57 million, in accordance with the Financial Loan Contract of 17 November 2011 and accompanying Annexes.
The Project will enable the City to finance key investments needed to complete the City’s transport and traffic management strategy including: (i) major renovation of tram tracks in central Belgrade to allow for the new trams to operate on the tram lines; and (ii) rehabilitation of the City’s main roads and extension to secure a better and safer traffic flow in the City.
The procurement of goods and works has been divided into three components, so the construction supervision support is also being phased into three parts.
The first component, which involves the reconstruction of Vojvode Stepe Street, is completed and the supervision services for this component were financed by the City.
The second component will involve the reconstruction of Slavija Square and Bulevar Oslobodjenja Street (which are physically connected) and the third component will be used for the reconstruction of Ruzveltova - Mije Kovacevica Street. This assignment involves phased construction supervision services for the second and third components at appropriate times (Phase 1: Construction Supervision Services for Slavija Square and Bulevar Oslobodjenja Street; and Phase 2: Construction Supervision Services for Ruzveltova - Mije Kovacevica Street).
The construction supervision services for the second phase will be agreed at a later stage and an extension to the original contract issued. No additional overall budget is foreseen to be required for either phase and the budget will be split equally between the two phases.
The Executing Agency (the Client) wishes to engage a consultant (the “Consultant”) to perform the role of Construction Supervisor and Engineer in accordance with FIDIC conditions of contract (the “Assignment”).
Construction works will include complete reconstruction of traffic and other surfaces on Slavija Square, which covers an area of around 15,000 m², and a section of Boulevard Oslobodjenja, from Slavija Roundabout to the Veterinary Faculty (total length of 947 m).
It is envisaged that all construction contracts financed by the EBRD will be based on FIDIC Red Book conditions of contract.
The overall objectives of the Assignment are to:
- Ensure that the works are implemented on time, according to specifications and within the budget from the works contracts, the Serbian legislative system and regulations and as agreed with the financing authorities; and
- Act as the Engineer under the FIDIC works contracts (FIDIC Red Book, First edition 1999).
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or groups of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in May 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 5 months for Phase I.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 900,000.00 (exclusive of VAT), split equally between Phases I and II of the Assignment. Subject to availability of funding, the performance of the selected Consultant and the specific needs of the Client the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope.
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: Western Balkans Investment Facility.
Eligibility: There are no restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with experience in construction supervision as follows:
- Completion (i.e. provisional acceptance and/or defects liability certificate issued) in the past five years (2011-2015) of at least two similar projects of more than EUR 10 million of works each, involving supervision of tram/urban railway re/construction and/or supervision of re/construction of city roads with utilities, implemented under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Works;
- Experience of working in the Western Balkans;
- Experience of working on IFI-funded projects.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
- Key Expert 1: Team Leader / Chief Resident Engineer / Civil Engineer (Roads) expert
- Key Expert 2: Resident Engineer / Civil Engineer (Tram/Railways) expert
- Key Expert 3: Expert in Power Supply and Overhead Catenary Line (“OCL”)
- Key Expert 4: Traffic management / Road safety audit expert
- Key Expert 5: Contract Monitoring Manager
Non-key experts are expected to include:
• Geodesy – surveying expert;
• Geo-mechanics and geo-technical engineer;
• Electro-technical engineer;
• Environmental expert;
• Social expert;
• Contract/Claims FIDIC expert;
• Health and Safety Engineer;
• Mechanical engineer;
• Structural engineer;
• Utilities expert; and
• Fountain construction expert
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest in English and Serbian (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet), shall be sent to the Client as follows:
- One electronic copy in both languages to reach the Client by email not later than 23:59 on Friday 15 January 2016; and
- One original in English and Serbian, and one copy in English and Serbian, in hard copy, in an envelope marked EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for BELGRADE PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND TRAFFIC INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT - Construction Supervision Phases I & II, to reach the Client not later than 17:00 on Wednesday 20 January 2016.
One additional electronic copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s previous experience (2011-2015) of completing at least two similar projects of more than EUR 10 million of works each, involving supervision of tram/urban railway re/construction and/or supervision of re/construction of city roads with utilities, implemented under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Works - 35%
- Firm’s previous project experience of working on IFI-funded projects – 15%
(c) Firm’s previous project experience in the Western Balkans 10%
(d) CVs of Key Experts: 40%