11 DECEMBER 2015: THE PROCUREMENT NOTICE HAS BEEN UPDATED IN RESPECT OF THE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE REFER TO THE TEXT IN BOLD BELOW.
Project Description: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("EBRD" or the “Bank”) is considering a sovereign loan to Kosovo to finance the rehabilitation of approximately 15km road section from Kllokot to Gjilan and the upgrade of access roads for a total length of approximately 11.2 km in the cities of Ferizaj, Gjilan and Prizren in Kosovo (the "Project").
The Project will be managed by the Ministry of Infrastructure ("MI", the “Ministry” or the "Client") which has overall responsibility for the organisation and management of the transport sector in Kosovo. Within the MI, the Road Infrastructure Department ("RID") is responsible for the development of a road strategy, management of budgets and the issuing of contracts for road maintenance and development.
Assignment Description: The Project will be implemented by a Project Implementation Unit ("PIU") established by the representatives from the Ministry of Infrastructure and other stakeholders. The Ministry of Infrastructure now intends to engage a consulting company (the “Consultant”) to provide the PIU with expert advice and guidance on a number of topics to facilitate the successful implementation of the Project (the “Assignment”).
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
1. Provide assistance to the PIU with the tender process for the Project, including but not limited to: publication of tenders, pretender meetings, clarifications to tenderers, public opening of tenders, tender evaluation, including participation in evaluation committees, contract clarifications and signing;
2. Assist MI with the technical and financial management / administration of the works, supervision engineer contract(s) and the reporting to EBRD as required under the relevant financing documents;
3. Provide the PIU with continuous ‘on the job’ style training on all aspects of the procurement and contract management tasks being undertaken. The training provided by the Consultant shall also include the requirements and application of the EBRD’s PP&R;
4. Support the PIU in execution of the Project in compliance with EBRD’s Environmental and Social Policy and relevant Performance Requirements and national and European Legislation requirements;
5. Assist the MI in strengthening of institutional environmental and social capacity in day to day management of projects.
6. Transfer knowledge and skills to the PIU and other relevant MI staff. The transfer of knowledge and skills is intended to result from collaborative working between the Consultant and the MI PIU staff – reinforcing the need for the Consultant to maintain a regular local presence.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 350,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that funding for the Assignment will be provided by the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The consultant will be a firm, or group of firms, and is expected to have appropriate experience in the design, procurement and engineering supervision (including environmental and social requirements) of projects in the road sector financed by international financial institutions.
The Consultant is further expected to have appropriate international experience in providing consulting services for the implementation of road projects in a similar environment. Since knowledge of local legislation will be required, international consulting firms are encouraged to associate with, or to subcontract to, local companies or individuals with the relevant expertise.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
• Project Manager with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in managing assignments of similar scope, preferably related to the road sector;
• Road Expert with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in the road sector;
• Procurement Expert with preferably 5 years in IFIs procurement assignments (EBRD, the World Bank funded projects or equivalent will be an advantage) preferably in the road sector;
• Environmental, Health and Safety Expert with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience, experience of delivering assignments in the road sector will be considered an advantage.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
(a) Company/group of firm’s profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages);
(b) Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous 10 years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), assignment budget, percentage carried out by consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives, etc;
(c) CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous 5 years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
(d) Completed Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link: http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages excluding CVs and contact/declaration sheet.
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English electronically through e-Selection, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The EBRD reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if the permissible file size is exceeded (4MB), the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. EBRD will undertake the selection process for this Assignment however the Ministry of Infrastructure – Kosovo (“Client”) will be responsible for contracting the consultant.
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
1. Firm’s previous experience in Project Implementation Support, including specific experience in the road sector – 25%
2. Firm’s previous experience in the design, procurement and engineering supervision (including environmental and social requirements) of projects in the road sector financed by international financial institutionssuch as the EBRD, World Bank, ADB, etc – 25%
3. CVs of Key Experts – 50%
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7750
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451