Executing Agency (Client): Unitary Enterprise Polotskvodokanal
Project Description: The Unitary Enterprise Polotskvodokanal (the Client) has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) to provide technical assistance for the construction of new wastewater treatment facilities in the city of Polotsk including aeration tanks, sedimentation tanks, sludge pumps, air blowers, etc., to ensure compliance with the national and EU standards and HELCOM recommendations for effluent quality treatment (the Project).
Assignment Description: The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the Consultant) to support the Company and the Company’s Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in all aspects of Project implementation, including preparation of design, technical specifications, tender documentation, assistance with tendering, tender evaluation and contract finalisation, administration and supervision of the contract implementation including the implementation of the Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), as well as set up of the disbursement system (the Assignment).
The overall objective of the Assignment is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by rendering assistance to the Company in the implementation of the Project, including design, all aspects of procurement and disbursement, and environmental and social (E&S) requirements.
With the involvement of the Consultant the Company will have access to the best practice in the implementation of the Project and procurement of works, as well as advice on specific technical issues including E&S requirements. The Consultant will provide assistance in procurement of works and goods completely in accordance with the procedures, specifications and documentation of the Bank and pursuant to all other agreements stipulated in the Loan Agreement signed between the Company and EBRD.
The Consultant shall perform the following main tasks:
- Overall project management support as required.
- Design the works and prepare technical specifications for goods.
- Arrangement of preparation of the prequalification, if any, and tender documents for procurement of works and goods;
- Arrangement of the tendering procedure for works and goods, including evaluation of tenders and drafting tender evaluation reports.
- Administration of contract implementation including, where appropriate, works supervision or assisting with works supervision.,
- Arrangement of timely disbursements under the contracts.
The work of the Consultant refers to the whole Project and not only to the portion financed by EBRD. The Project is expected to finance the priority investments as defined in the Feasibility Study prepared by Posch and Partner in 2015.
The Project is expected to finance the following investment components:
- Construction of new main wastewater (sewer) collector from pumping station #9 to Polotsk Wastewater Treatment Plant (”WWTP”) (7,055 metres)
- Rehabilitation of pumping station #9; and
- Completion of modernisation of Polotsk WWTP including discharge facilities.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 750,000 (exclusive of VAT). The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: Austrian Fund for Municipal Infrastructure. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: Consultancy firms shall be entities registered in Austria and all experts proposed by the entity to work on the assignment must be either Austrian nationals or permanent residents of Austria. However, up to a maximum of 25% of the maximum contract amount may be used to finance services of local experts who are nationals of Belarus or consultancy firms of Belarus.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience in administrative management, procurement, design and supervision of similar construction works and acquiring of equipment for water and wastewater rehabilitation projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions.
It is anticipated that the Consultant’s team shall include the following Key Experts listed below, with short-term support as required in other disciplines:
- Project Manager;
- IFI Procurement and Contracts Specialist;
- Water and Wastewater Engineers (Design);
- Finance/Disbursement Specialist;
- Engineers (Construction Supervision);
- Environmental and social specialist.
All experts shall have approximately 5 years or more of experience of the activity, which they are proposed for in a similar position including:
- design and project management experience gained in countries with climatic conditions similar to the project sites;
- construction and supply experience gained in countries with climatic conditions similar to the project sites;
- experience in design of water supply and wastewater projects;
- knowledge and practical experience of FIDIC and/or World Bank/EBRD Supply and Installation and Works contractual arrangements;
- experience in (i) planning and design activities; (ii) assistance with planning and design activities; (iii) project management; (iv) project management assistance; (v) engineering; (vi) procurement of goods, works and services;
- good knowledge of procedures and rules of procurement of international financial institutions, such as the World Bank, ADB or EBRD;
- knowledge and understanding of EBRD’s environmental and social requirements and past experience of assistance in their successful implementation;
- knowledge of requirements of Belarusian legislation concerning construction, financial, accounting and disbursement issues.
Non-key experts are expected to include local experts.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
5. A copy of the Consultant's valid company registration certificate confirming that the firm is registered in Austria.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English and Russian via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
The Client Contact Person:
Felisov Aleksandr Anatolievich
Director of UP Polotskvodokanal
Kostetskoy Street 25а, Polotsk, Belarus 211410
+375 214 43-16-78 (landline)
+375 44 788 7776 (mobile)
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square, London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in administrative management, procurement, design and supervision of similar construction works and acquiring of equipment for water and wastewater rehabilitation projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions (35%)
(b) Firm’s previous experience in working with IFIs (15%)
(c) CVs of Key Experts (50%).