Vestel White Goods R&D



Project number:


Business sector:

Manufacturing and Services

Notice type:


Environmental category:


Approval date:

30 Sep 2015



PSD disclosed:

01 Oct 2015

Translated version of this PSD: Turkish

Project description and objectives

The EBRD is considering €50 million long-term loan to Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (“Vestel”), one of the leading consumer electronics and white goods manufacturers in Europe, to finance the research and development (R&D) activities in white goods segment to be conducted over 2015-2017 period.

Transition impact

The project represents a good opportunity for the Bank to achieve strong transition impact in Turkey, particularly through;

(i) expansion of competitive market interactions by supporting the local supplier chain throughout the R&D investments for resource efficient white goods products; and

(ii) setting standards for business conduct in relation to gender inclusion by implementation of an equal opportunity action plan, including achievement of KAGIDER (Women Entrepreneurs Association of Turkey)n accreditation and demonstration of achievements to wider business environment in Turkey.

The client

Vestel, a joint stock company registered in Turkey, is one of the leading consumer electronics and white goods producer in Europe. Zorlu Holding owns 78 per cent controlling stake in Vestel, while the remaining 22 per cent is free floating on the Borsa Istanbul.

EBRD finance

 €50 million long-term loan.

Total project cost

€100 million.

Environmental and social categorisation, impact, and mitigation

Category B (2014). The project concerns investments in activities that will be carried out in existing facilities already used for similar activities. An Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) of the project and of Vestel was undertaken in liaison with the company. The ESDD indicated that the project will not generate environmental or social risks that would be new to Vestel. The ESDD also indicated that Vestel has the necessary environmental and social management systems in place (including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications) to implement the project in compliance with EBRD Performance Requirements. Vestel will provide the Bank with annual monitoring reports on its environmental and social performance.

Technical cooperation


Company contact

Mr. Burak Sefik
Tel: +90 (236) 233 01 31


Business opportunities

For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.

For state-sector projects, visit EBRD Procurement: Tel: +44 20 7338 6794

General enquiries

EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168

Public Information Policy (PIP)

The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP

Share this page: