INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
GIS, Hydraulic Modelling, Pressure Control and Zoning of Water Supply Network
This Invitation for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project published in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD website: 17 September 2014.
The State Communal Enterprise Kyzylorda Su Zhuyesi (the “Company”), a water and wastewater systems operator fully owned by Akimat of Kyzylorda, received a loan from European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) to finance the priority investments in modernisation and development of water supply and wastewater facilities in the City of Kyzylorda, Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Company intends using the proceeds of the loan and the City budget towards the cost of the contact for development of digital map and hydraulic modelling of water and wastewater systems in the City of Kyzylorda.
The assignment will include the following key objectives and tasks:
- Analysis of available maps topographic data;
- Development of digital maps of the water and wastewater systems;
- Development of hydraulic models of the existing water and wastewater systems;
- Setting of criteria for assessment and modernization of the existing systems;
- Elaboration of measures on pressure control in the water supply network;
- Demand-based zoning of the water supply system;
- Provision of recommendations on the number, locations and parameters of required (flow, pressure) metering equipment to be supplied and installed under the contract for SCADA;
- Elaboration of options to rehabilitate the networks and selection of the preferred option.
The Company is seeking to engage a qualified Consultant to assist in whole complex of works for digital map and hydraulic modelling of water and wastewater systems in the City of Kyzylorda.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: it is anticipated that the assignment will start in November 2015 and will have an overall duration of approximately 6 months.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions
The Consultant should be a firm or a consortium of firms with substantive experience and knowledge of water and wastewater sector. The Consultant should have:
- expertise and experience in development of digital maps and hydraulic modeling of water supply/wastewater systems;
- expertise and experience of work on similar assignments in the regions with the climate conditions similar to ones in the Project area.
The Consultant is required to provide independent, impartial technical, cost, management, financial and legal advice, and as such will not be permitted to have a commercial interest in any other contracts or agreements related to the Project.
It is expected that the Consultant's team will include at least the following specialists with a technical, engineering, hydraulic modelling and water/wastewater system analysis skills and with at least 10 years of general experience and 5 years of experience for the position for which they are proposed:
- Project Manager;
- Water Engineer;
- Wastewater Engineer;
- GIS Specialist;
- Hydraulic Engineer;
- Electrical/Automation Engineer.
Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest. In order to determine the qualifications and competence of consulting firms seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
- brief overview of the firm/group of firms including company profile, organization and staffing;
- details of similar experience of firm or group of firms and related assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, percentage carried out by the Consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives;
- CVs of key experts who could carry out the assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
The above information should not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs).
One original and two copies of the expression of interest, in English and in Russian, shall be submitted to the Client in an envelope marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for Kyzylorda Water Project – GIS, Hydraulic Modelling, Pressure Control and Zoning of Water Supply Network” to reach the Client not later than 18 September 2015 at 17:00 local Kyzylorda time. Late submissions might be rejected.
Further information may be obtained from:
State Communal Enterprise “Kyzylorda Su Zhuyesi”
Mr. Nurzhan Dikhambayev
Address: 156 Zheltoksan street,
Kyzylorda, 120008, Kazakhstan
Phone/fax: +7(777) 208 22 30