INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Plovdiv Roads Rehabilitation Project
Supervision of Works
The Invitation for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice No. 7809-GPN-44851 for this project which was updated in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD’s web-site on February 9, 2015 and in the Supplement to the Official Journal of European Union (OJ/S).
The City of Plovdiv intends using the proceeds of the loan towards the cost of Plovdiv Roads Rehabilitation Project
The Project ds consist in the following:
- Road Rehabilitation and Construction Works comprising rehabilitation/upgrading works of three city boulevards with a total length around of 5 km:
- Major repair and widening of Komatevsko shosse Blvd. – Stage I;
- Reconstruction of Shesti Septemvri Blvd.;
- Major repair of Ruski Blvd.;
- and new construction for the extension of a fourth boulevard over 2.2 km:
- Reconstruction of Severen Blvd. – Stage I;
The works will comprise rehabilitation / construction of road system (including carriageway, sidewalks, bicycle lanes, parking places, etc.), rehabilitation / extension of water and sewerage networks, rehabilitation / extension of public lighting in accordance with the existing detailed design, including Specifications, Drawings and Bill of Quantities. All the works are intended to be performed under a single works contract based on FIDIC RED Conditions of Contract for Construction, June 2010.
The main objective of the assignment is the supervision of works to be executed under the Project.
The Consultant will be required to undertake the role of the “Engineer” as defined in the FIDIC RED Conditions of Contract as well as to ensure the Independent Construction Supervision in accordance with Bulgarian Territory Arrangement Act.
The Services shall include, but not be limited to the following: (a) establishment of systems of managerial control for works contract, (b) the Engineer’s administration of Contract, (c) control over estimated works quantities and contract outcome costs, in monitoring the progress of the Works and technical records; (d) control and acceptance of contractor’s interim and final payment certificates; (e) the acceptance and/or approval of Contractors’ key staff, insurances, guarantees, licenses, programs, method statements, traffic management plans, safety measures, suppliers and materials for incorporation in the works, the quality assurance and control plans, laboratory provisions and execution of the testing program, subcontractors, plant, equipment and environmental protection; (f) direct supervision of the works and monitoring of progress; (g) the preparation of progress, technical and contractual reports, (h) execution of the control tests of all materials intended for incorporation into permanent works and the all executed works, (i) assisting the Municipality in the reporting (technical, financial, environmental, i.e.) to EBRD on administration of works contract and other Health and Safety matters .
The assignment is expected to start in November 2015 and last about of 60 months (including 24 months for the defect notification period).
The contract will be financed 50% from EBRD loan and 50%by the City of Plovdiv (50%) and consulting firms from any countries are eligible for shortlisting and selection.
In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms' profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2 - 4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
In order to successfully implement the assignment, it is envisaged that the consultant’s team will consist of the following experts:
- 1 (one) Team Leader / Resident Engineer - Civil Engineering Degree; minimum 10 years of experience under similar assignments; minimum 1 assignment as Team Leader/ Resident Engineer;
- 1 (one) Quantities Surveyor - Civil Engineering Degree; minimum 7 years of experience under similar assignments; minimum 1 assignment as Quantities Surveyor;
- 1 (one) Road Inspector - Authorized in accordance with Bulgarian Territory Arrangement Act; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments;
- 1 (one) Water and Wastewater Inspector - Authorized in accordance with Bulgarian Territory Arrangement Act; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments;
- 1 (one) Electrical Works Inspector - Authorized in accordance with Bulgarian Territory Arrangement Act; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments.
It is recommended that the Consultant’s experts to have good knowledge of FIDIC Conditions of Contract – Red Book / IFI Conditions of Contract and fluency in English and Bulgarian.
Also, the Consultant shall envisage the group of following technical support staff:
- 1 (one) Surveyor;
- 1 (one) Traffic Engineer;
- 1 (one) Health & Safety Expert;
- 1 (one) Quality Assurance Engineer;
- 1 (one) Financial Expert;
- Short-term experts;
- Administrative Staff;
The Consultant should be a firm or a consortium of firms with valid license for at least one member of the consortium for independent construction supervision in accordance with Bulgarian Territory Arrangement Act.
The Consultant shall simultaneously comply with the following minim requirements:
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract related to the supervision of works for construction/ rehabilitation/ modernization of urban roads in the last 3 (three) years;
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract related to the supervision of works for putting in place/ replacing/ modernization of public utilities (water/wastewater & lighting) in the last 3 (three) years;
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract demonstrating knowledge of the local building regulations .
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English via email (pdf) to the Client's contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files. In case of discrepancy, the English language version of the documentation, will prevail.
Evaluation criteria of EOIs:
1) Company Profile - 10%, out of which (a) years of experience in the filed - 5% and (b) backstopping capacity (number of qualified permanent staff, presence of local office in the country, availability to qualified experts, etc) - 5%;
2) Experience - 50%, out of which (a) experience of the Consultant under similar assignments related to urban roads - 25%; (b) and (2) experience of the Consultant under similar assignments related to urban utilities networks - 15% and (c) experience of the Consultant in the region - 10%;
3) Access to qualified experts: - 40%,
To demonstrate access to qualified experts the Consultants shall provide at least once CV for each position required for the implementation of the contract, as indicated above.
Procurement procedure: Procurement of the consultancy services will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) dated October, 2014.
One shortlist of qualified firms will be prepared on the response to this invitation, after which short-listed firms will be invited to submit their proposals.
If the Consultant has been found by a judicial process or other official enquiry to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices as defined in the EBRD PP&R, details of the basis for the outcome of such process or enquiry shall be provided with the expression of interest.
The Employer reserves the right not to shortlist consulting firms that have been found to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices regardless of the results of technical evaluation of the expressions of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local time).
Contact name Mr. Dimitar Katsarski
Client Municipality of Plovdiv
Address 1 “Tsentralen” Square, 4000 Plovdiv, Floor X, Office 1
Tel: +359 (0) 32 656 456
Fax: +359 (0) 32 656 412