The EBRD is considering supporting the Yerevan Solid Waste project.
The project comprises of a EUR 8 million loan from EBRD, proposed to be co-financed by a EUR 8 million loan from EIB and a EUR 8 million grant from the European Union Neighbourhood Facility (NIF). The proceeds of the loan and grant will finance the construction and operation of a sanitary landfill in Yerevan.
The landfill will be constructed at the same location as the existing Nubarashen dumpsite where the waste from Yerevan’s 1.1 million inhabitants is presently dumped in hazardous environmental and sanitary conditions.
ESIA disclosure package
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment: English | Armenian
- Non-technical summary: English | Armenian
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan: English | Armenian
- Environmental and Social Action Plan: English | Armenian
- Livelihood Restoration Framework: English | Armenian
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
1. Yerevan Municipality main administrative building, address: 1 Argishti str., Yerevan, Armenia; Tel: +37410514159; Deputy Mayor: Vahe Nikoyan
2. District of Nubarashen, address: 4 Nubarashen str. 9, Yerevan, Armenia; Tel: +37410476050; head of district: Arthur Kirakosyan
3. District of Erebuni, address: Sasunti 87, Yerevan, Armenia; Tel: +37410544913; head of district: Armen Harutuyunyan
EBRD Resident Office in Yerevan, Armenia
Address: Piazza Grande Business Centre
10 Vazgen Sargsyan Street
Yerevan 0010, Armenia
Tel: +37411 354 501/2
Fax: +37411 354 520
“Investing Projects Implementation Unit Building Up of Yerevan” CNCO
1/3 Buzand st, 5th floor, Yerevan 0010, Armenia
Tel: +37410 52 09 73
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014