The Project will allow OOO Prestige Internet (the Company), a wholly owned subsidiary of Enforta B.V., to finance the ongoing expansion of its wireless broadband services in regional centres throughout the Russian Federation.
The proposed project will
- enable the company to enhance its competitive position through the development and expansion of internet broadband, virtual private network and telephony services
- facilitate the use of pre-WIMAX and WIMAX technology to provide rapid connections to customers who have had limited or no access to the internet
- contribute to market expansion through introduction of new products based on wireless broadband solutions
- further fuel deployment of broadband internet, which has lagged in Russia due to the antiquated local telecoms infrastructure
- stimulate competition in Moscow and St Petersburg where the sector is dominated by fixed line incumbent operators thanks to good DSL infrastructure.
The Enforta Group, sponsored by the Sumitomo Corporation, private equity funds managed by Barings Vostok Capital Partners and private equity funds managed by Bessemer Venture Partners, is one of the largest wireless broadband Internet service provider in the Russian Federation.
Senior unsecured loan of USD15 million.
Screened C (2008). The Project is unlikely to be associated with any significant environmental issues. The environmental due diligence is currently under way. The Company will be required to comply with national and EU environmental, health and safety standards and to submit annual reports on environment, health and safety issues.
Lee Sparkman, President
Mishina Street 56
Building 2, 6th floor.
127083 Moscow, Russian Federation
Tel: +7 (495) 739-7559
Fax: +7 (495) 739-7559 x7777
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP