The EBRD’s Country Strategy for Uzbekistan identifies the following operational and strategic priorities for the EBRD’s work in Uzbekistan:
- Enhancement of competitiveness by strengthening the role of the private sector’s role in the economy
- Promotion of green energy and resource solutions across sectors
- Support increased regional and international cooperation and integration.
The EBRD strategy for Uzbekistan recognises the need to strengthen the country’s path to reform, expand the role of civil society, provide greater freedom to mass media and promote women’s entrepreneurship.
The EBRD continues working on the improvement of the investment climate in Uzbekistan by facilitating the activity of the Foreign Investors’ Council, which is serving as a platform for dialogue between foreign investors and the authorities fostering reforms.
The Bank also continues providing support for Uzbekistan’s green transition. Its investment contributes to a long-term decarbonisation plan that the EBRD and the government of Uzbekistan have jointly developed and which aims to achieve a carbon neutral power sector by 2050.
The EBRD's latest Uzbekistan strategy was adopted on 19 September 2018.
- Uzbekistan private sector diagnostic
- EBRD's latest Uzbekistan strategy
- Strategy in Russian
- Strategy in Uzbek
- Report on public comments
- The EBRD in Uzbekistan: Results snapshot
Current EBRD forecast for Uzbekistan's Real GDP Growth in 2023: 6.5%
Current EBRD forecast for Uzbekistan's Real GDP Growth in 2024: 6.5%