The EBRD will focus on the following strategic priorities in Türkiye for 2019-2024:
- strengthening resilience of the financial sector and develop domestic capital and financial markets;
- fostering Türkiye’s knowledge economy and higher value-added activities, and promote good governance;
- promoting economic inclusion and gender equality through private sector engagement;
- accelerating Türkiye’s green economy transition and regional energy connectivity.
As well as being a country of operation, Türkiye is also a donor to the EBRD with a total contribution of €31 million. Türkiye established its first bilateral donor fund with EBRD in January 2018, for an amount of €25 million. The fund aims to support projects in Türkiye, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Romania and the Kyrgyz Republic. The fund prioritises projects for SME development, financial sector stability, sustainable infrastructure, energy efficiency, governance and economic inclusion. In 2013, Türkiye provided EU funding to EBRD for its Women in Business programme.
- The EBRD’s latest Türkiye strategy
- Local language translation
- Türkiye Diagnostic
- The EBRD in Türkiye: Results snapshot
Watch this video and hear from some of the people and projects we have supported in Türkiye. From women entrepreneurs to small businesses, green projects as well as large scale infrastructure - we're doing more than ever before in Türkiye.
Current EBRD forecast for Türkiye’s Real GDP Growth in 2023 2.5%
Current EBRD forecast for Türkiye’s Real GDP Growth in 2024 3.0%