In Morocco we focus on:
- Realizing Morocco’s entrepreneurial potential, promoting women’s entrepreneurship and increasing finance to small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Promoting regional economic development and gender inclusion by improving the business environment and supporting equal employment opportunities for men and women in rural areas
- Supporting the sustainability and improving the efficiency and quality of infrastructure and utility services by the commercialisation of public services and infrastructure
- Advancing the development of capital markets by broadening the range of financial instruments and promoting innovative financial solutions.
We continue to cooperate with other IFIs, the EU and bilateral partners to ensure that our operations take full account of their work as well.
The EBRD’s Morocco strategy was approved on 11 February 2015
- Country strategy: EnglishFrench
- Report on the invitation to the public comment on the Morocco strategy
- The EBRD in Morocco: Results snapshot
Joint EBRD-EIB-AfDB Private Sector Development Report: English | French
EBRD 2022 Annual Meeting and Business Forum in Marrakech
Current EBRD forecast for Morocco’s Real GDP Growth in 2022 1.2%
Current EBRD forecast for Morocco’s Real GDP Growth in 2023 3.0%
suffering a severe drought, which will likely impose pressure on domestic food prices and require the country to raise food imports, also at a higher international price.