The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development will be participating at Innovate4Climate in Frankfurt 22-24 May 2018.
The conference is a great opportunity to work and dialogue on development of innovative financing instruments and approaches to support low-carbon, climate-resilient development pathways; mobilization of private investments in climate action; support to developing countries in their NDCs implementation; development of ideas on how market-based and non-market based climate finance instruments identified in the Paris Agreement can best be designed to maximize impact and minimize costs.
EBRD will be participating with 4 workshops.
Tuesday, 22nd May, 12:10 - 13:10, Messe Frankfurt, Hall Kap Europa – Satellit
This workshop explores the latest developments on climate change adaptation for the energy sector. Presentations from experts on development and implementation of methodologies within the sector, representatives from leading companies and the participation of the EBRD, explaining financial implications of adaptation measures.
- Júlia Lucena Betriu, Manager of Policy Analysis and Climate Change Department, Acciona
- Cristian Carraretto, Associate Director - Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, EBRD
- Iker Larrea, Partner and Head of Markets Division, Factor – Ideas for change
- Neha Mukhi, Senior climate change specialist, The World Bank
- Kepa Solaun, Partners & General Director, Factor – Ideas for change
Tuesday, 22nd May, 14:30 - 15:30, Messe Frankfurt, Hall Kap Europa - Sirius
MDBs have established a working group to share experience and knowledge on market-related activities, and collectively support client countries in developing the modalities and procedures for Article 6. The purpose of this session is to provide a general introduction to the objectives, rationale and work plan of the MDB Working Group on Article 6.
Andrei Marcu, Senior Fellow, International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
Peter Zaman, Partner, Reed Smith, Singapore
Amal-Lee Amin, Chief of the Climate Change Division, Inter-American Development Bank
Jan Willem van de Ven, Head of Climate Finance & Carbon Markets, EBRD
Martin Berg, Senior Investment Officer, European Investment Bank
Eduardo Ferrerira, Senior Financial Specialist, World Bank
Wednesday, 23rd May, 17:15 - 18:15, Messe Frankfurt, Hall Kap Europa – Sirius
This workshop aims to discuss technological advances for MRV implementation in domestic policies - taking into consideration lessons learned from the CDM - and considering how these technological advances can be leveraged to reduce transaction costs and improve accuracy during the monitoring, reporting and verification of the projects.
Past experience with the CDM and voluntary standards show that transaction costs related to monitoring, reporting, verification and issuance of emission reduction certificates can represent a prohibitive factor for small-scale installations such as the ones targeted in the programme. If effective, a remote and automated MRV solution could enable MRV costs to be reduced significantly in comparison to conventional MRV approaches.
- Tomasz Chruszczow, Warsaw Poland, COP24 High Level Champion, Ministry of the Environment
- Carel Cronenberg, Lead MRV Manager, EBRD
- Klaus Opperman, Senior Economist, The World Bank, Climate Change
- Cynthia Page, Principal Climate finance, EBRD
- Jan Willem van de Ven, Head of Climate Finance & Carbon Markets, EBRD
- Mireia Vilaplana, senior Consultant, Climate Change & Sustainability, South Pole
Thursday 24th May, 12:30 - 13:30 Messe Frankfurt , Hall Kap Europa - Plateau 1
This workshop introduces the EBRD Technology Selector – a multilingual, on-line shopping style platform that promotes ‘best-in-class’ models of popular technologies – which enables suppliers and local vendors to increase technology availability in the countries where the EBRD provides finance.
Developed under the EBRD’s Green Economy Financing Facility (GEFF) the tool is available to use across 24 countries where GEFF provides finance.
- Jiwoo Choi (Ms), Green Climate Fund, Head of Financial Institutions, Private Sector Facility
- Christian Oberleitner, Senior Consultant bei Kommunalkredit Public Consulting
- Ian Smith, Head of intermediated green finance and policy products, EBRD
- Dragana Tanasic, Project Manager, Kommunalkredit Public Consulting
- Shahir Zaki, Principal Green Economy Financing Facility, EBRD