The EBRD is hosting a high-level conference focussing on regional capacity building to achieve the Global Sustainable Development Goals on Road Safety on Monday 11th December 2017 at the Bank’s London Headquarters.
The event is being organised by the Eastern Alliance for Safe and Sustainable Transport, the Towards Zero Foundation, the FIA Foundation and Global NCAP. The conference will feature keynote speakers and discussions around priorities for achieving road safety targets in EBRD countries of operation and beyond. The conference will focus particularly on the role of multilateral development banks in addressing road safety.
Key speakers will include:
- Suma Chakrabarti, EBRD President
- Mr Jean Todt, UN Special Envoy for Road Safety and President, Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
- Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, Chair of the FIA Foundation
- Iain Cameron, ITF/OECD Safe System Implementation Working Group
- Dr Etienne Krug, Director, Management of Violence and Injury Prevention, WHO
- Sue Barrett, Transport Director, EBRD
- Soames Job, World Bank Global Lead for Road Safety
- Hari Kulathumani, Senior Sector Specialist, EIB
- David Ward, Global NCAP
- Barry Sheerman MP, Chair, Global Network for Road Safety Legislators
- Mr Andrian Candu, Speaker of the Moldovan Parliament
Discussions will focus on:
- Policy Frameworks and the Role of Speed
- Integrating Safe Systems into Country and Regional Road Safety Plans and Programmes
- Safe Fleets
- Safe Cities and Villages
- Making Road Safety a National Priority
Attendance is by invitation only. If you are professional working in this area and interested in attending, please contact Emily Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Invitations will be issued to additional guests if they are working in a relevant field and space is available.