A delegation of the EBRD Board of Directors will pay a five-day visit to Belarus on 22-26 September 2014. The visit will cover several towns across Belarus, including Smorgon, Fanipol and Baranovichi as well as the capital, Minsk.
Representatives of the EBRD Board on this visit will include:
- Seán Donlon representing Ireland, Denmark, Kosovo and Lithuania
- Denis Morozov representing Russian Federation, Belarus and Tajikistan
- Antonio Oporto representing Spain and Mexico
- Joachim Schwarzer representing Germany
- Eddy Azoulay representing Israel, Austria, Cyprus, Malta, Kazakhstan and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Anna Björnermark representing Sweden, Iceland and Estonia
- Dante Brandi representing Italy
- Ronald Elkhuizen representing Netherlands, Mongolia, FYR Macedonia and Armenia
- Bob McMullan representing Australia, Korea, New Zealand and Egypt
EBRD Board Directors will have meetings with the national and regional authorities, foreign and domestic investors and civil society organisations to discuss political and economic developments in Belarus.
The EBRD is a major investor in Belarus. As of 1 September 2014 the Bank had committed over €1.5 billion through 66 projects, €883 million of which was invested in the past five years.