A delegation of the EBRD Board of Directors will pay a five-day visit to Ukraine on 24-28 September 2012. The visit will cover the Kharkiv and Poltava regions in the east of the country as well as the capital of Ukraine, Kiev.
Representatives of the EBRD Board on this visit will include:
- Giorgio Leccesi representing Italy
- Peter Basch representing EU
- Werner Gruber representing Switzerland/Ukraine/Lichtenstein/Turkmenistan/Serbia/ Montenegro/Moldova
- Stefka Slavova representing Bulgaria/Poland/Albania
- Andras Karman representing Hungary/Czech Republic/Slovak Republic/Croatia Georgia
- Joachim Steffens representing Germany
- Artem Shevalev representing Switzerland/Ukraine/Lichtenstein/Turkmenistan/Serbia/ Montenegro/Moldova
EBRD Board of Directors will have meetings with the national and regional authorities, visit the existing clients of the Bank and discuss recent political and macroeconomic developments in the country with the representatives of International Financial Institutions, civil society organisations, independent think tanks and the diplomatic community.
The EBRD is the largest financial investor in Ukraine. As of the end of August 2012, the Bank had committed over €8 billion (over US$ 10 billion) through 320 projects.