Single Stage Open Competitive Selection – Request for Proposals
27/07/2020 LINK TO STANDARD TEMPLATES AND INSTRUCTIONS HAS BEEN CORRECTED
22/07/20 THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 30 JULY 2020.
15/07/2020 EBRD'S RESPONSE TO REQUESTS FOR CLARIFICATIONS IS NOW AVAILABLE:http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/83782-clarifications.docx
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD”) is intends to hire an independent consultant (the “Consultant or the TESC”) to provide technical, procurement, environmental & social monitoring consultancy services (the “Assignment”) for the development of an LNG receiving facility based on a floating storage and regasification unit (“FSRU”) in Cyprus (the “Project”). The European Investment Bank (“EIB” or collectively with EBRD the “Banks”) will also be providing a loan to ETYFA for the Project alongside EBRD and will participate in this Agreement.
The Banks, represented by EBRD, intend to select and contract the Consultant to act as an Independent Monitoring Consultant for the Project. The main objective of this Assignment is to perform all the necessary technical, procurement, environmental and social monitoring services acting on behalf of the Banks for the Project from the time of signing, through successful commissioning of the Project and periodically thereafter during the first two years of operations of the Project.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
• regularly (at a frequency agreed with the Banks) monitor the Project implementation progress in line with the engineering, procurement, construction, operating and maintenance contract (EPCOM), according to the agreed schedule, including verification and analysis of the Project costs and physical progress and opine on whether good practices are maintained during construction process;
• analyse and make comments on the way in which the EPCOM Contractor is performing their tasks as per the EPCOM contract, including compliance with permits, standards for their employees and the need to have clear procedures to inform the Promoter on potential integrity breaches including those of sub-contractors
• review and comment on the Project management and the Company’s supervision arrangements for the works and services for the Project
• confirm the completion of the Project to the Banks;
• analyse and make comments on the E&S performance and the extent to which the Project is in compliance with the EBRD Performance Requirements, good industry practices and the overall requirements of the EIA, SEP, ESMP and ESAP and other project documents;.
• analyse and make comments on the material changes which occurred throughout the implementation of the Project regarding its design, operations, costs and timing;
• Provide the advice required by EBRD in order that it can make the disbursements in accordance with its loan agreement;
The detailed scope of work and services (the “Services”) of the Assignment are further described in the Full Terms of Reference (the “ToR”) which can be accessed from the following link:
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection. Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in early September 2020 and has an estimated overall duration of 48 months.
The Start Date will depend on the travel conditions and restrictions imposed by governments to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, in the countries the experts are required to travel to, if applicable, to ensure their safety.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 400,000.00 (exclusive of VAT).
Subject to the availability of funding, the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope: any of the Banks may request the Consultant to carry out some additional specific scope of work it considers necessary. The time and possible additional costs required for carrying out this work will be agreed in advance with the Consultant and will be for an amount not exceeding EUR 100,000.00 to be used only with permission of the EBRD.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the Assignment will be financed by the Bank's own funds. Selection and contracting are subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with previous project experience related to engineering design and construction of LNG facilities.
The Consultant's expert team is expected to include the following key experts (the 'Key Experts'):
• Key Expert 1 - Team Leader: the Consultant will appoint a Team Leader who will be responsible for coordinating tasks and activities and liaising with the Banks and the Company. The Team Leader will be an engineer with preferably 10 years professional experience in the engineering design and construction of LNG facilities.
• Key Expert 2 - Senior Project Engineer with preferably 10 years’ experience in the project management of construction of LNG receiving facilities and ideally FSRUs;
• Key Expert 3 - Senior environmental specialist preferably with at least 5 years’ experience in the EBRD’s countries of operations and on IFIs-financed projects, preferably in the field of natural gas/LNG systems, with excellent communication skills and excellent knowledge of English;
• Key Expert 4 - Health and safety specialist(s) preferably with 5 years’ experience in the gas industry;
• Key Expert 5 - Social specialist(s) preferably with at least 5 years’ experience including stakeholder engagement, labour standards (incl. maritime) and a grievance management in the local context,
• Key Expert 6 - Procurement specialist preferably with at least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure procurement contracts and related compliance (anti-fraud, anti-corruption)
The key experts may be complemented by other team members and support services to cover all tasks specified in the Terms of Reference. As such the list of key experts is not an exhaustive list of all skills and competencies needed to fulfil this assignment.
Expertise in process, mechanical, electrical, civil and environment engineering with experience in design and operation of the main and auxiliary systems of LNG systems are required.
Consultants should note that one person could have more than one role (e.g., the Team Leader could also be a specialist) and one role could be filled by more than one person.
All experts should be fluent in English.
Submission Requirements: The consultants are now invited to submit a completed Technical and Financial Proposal as per the standard templates and instructions available at:
Interested Consultants should make themselves familiar with these Standard Templates, Standard Instructions and Conditions of Contract in preparation of their proposals.
The Technical Proposal shall be submitted in English electronically via eSelection not later than the Closing Date, as one single PDF file. The technical proposal should not exceed 25 pages excluding the Declaration Form and CVs (Form 1- TP 1 and Form 1 – TP 6).
The Financial Proposal (Form 2 – FP 1 and FP2) shall be submitted in English separately by email only to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please indicate the Project number and title in the subject of your e-mail. Consultants are reminded of the requirement to ensure the confidentiality of the Financial Proposals. Consultants are reminded of the requirement to ensure the confidentiality of the Financial Proposals.
A Technical Proposal that contains elements of a financial proposal shall be declared non-responsive.
A Financial Proposal submitted together with the technical proposals via e Selection shall be declared non-responsive.
For the avoidance of doubt, technical proposals should be sent through eSelection and NOT to the above email address. Financial proposals should be sent to the above email address and NOT through eSelection or Bank Contact Person.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Deadline to Submit Clarification Questions: Via e-mail to the Bank Contact Person by 09/07/2020
Selection Method and Evaluation Criteria:
Technical Proposal Evaluation Criteria
(a) Firm's previous project experience in similar assignments (45%)
(b) Quality of the methodology proposed for the Assignment (20 %)
(c) CVs of the Key Experts (35%).
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is 70.
Opening of Financial Proposals
After the technical evaluation is completed, only the submissions which score 70 or above of the total marks available for the technical criteria will be eligible to have their financial proposals opened.
Combined Technical and Financial Evaluation
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100. The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as follows:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest evaluated Financial Proposal, and “F” the price of the Proposal under consideration.
Proposals are then ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = 80; F = 20) T + F = 100 as follows: S = St x T% + Sf x F%.
The proposal validity period is 120 days from the deadline date for the receipt of submissions. During this period, the Consultant shall maintain its original Proposal without any change, including the availability of the Experts, the proposed rates and the total price.
The selection will be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the submission requirements and selection criteria set out in this Procurement Notice. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes consultants will need to download the updated versions. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.