Single Stage Open Competitive Selection – Request for Proposals
Executing Agency (Client):
Name of Entity selecting and contracting the Consultant:
State Road Agency of Ukraine,
9, Fizkultury Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03150
The Client Contact Person:
Oleksandr Kubrakov, Head
State Road Agency of Ukraine Office 514,
9, Fizkultury Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03150,
tel. +38(044) 287-60-00
State Road Agency of Ukraine (the Client) has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and European Investment Bank (the “Banks”) to provide funding to finance Pan-European Corridors/European Roads II Project (the “Project”).
The works to be carried out include the construction of traffic interchanges at different levels at km 15+390 and km 21+847 of M-05 Kyiv-Odesa road and construction of traffic interchange at different levels at km 21+767 of M-06 Kyiv-Chop road.
The Works are situated to the south and west of Kiev in the existing M-05 Kyiv-Odesa and M-06 Kyiv-Chop road.
The Client now intends to select and contract a consulting company (the Consultant) to the Assignment, on the basis of the Request for Proposal (RFP) in attachment.
The expected outcome of the Assignment is: the consultant shall exercise the authority attributable to the Engineer, as specified in or necessarily implied from the Works Contract to ensure timely, satisfactory completion of the Works in accordance with the Contract and within the budget.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following engineering services but not limited to:
- services during pre-construction activities;
- administration of the civil works contract;
- approval of contractor's materials, construction techniques and programmes of works;
- direct supervision of the works and monitoring of progress, ensuring full compliance with the design, specifications and other documents;
- ensuring compliance with safeguards, including the management of environmental mitigation plans.
The Consultant shall ensure the timely supervision and control of the civil works and exercise all reasonable care to protect the interests of the Employer. While performing the assignment, reasonable care should be taken to minimize climatic impacts and to implement green-house gas reduction measures.
The Consultant shall be the Engineer under the contracts and perform the duties and authority of the Engineer as defined in the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction for Works, i.e. FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, 1st Edition 1999.
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection
Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal. If a firm considers it does not possess all the required expertise for the assignment, it may consider forming a consortium with other firms. In such cases the proposals should provide the aforementioned details for each partner and an indication which firm is the lead partner.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in June, 2020 and has an estimated overall duration of 48 months.
Input estimate for the Assignment: The estimated input of the Key Experts will be 79 Man-months and 407 Man-months for non-key staff.
Funding Source: The contract will be financed by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and European Investment Bank. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the consultant shall submit a Proposal in accordance with the RFP. In order to determine the capability and experience of consulting firms, the information submitted shall include:
Details of experience or similar assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including their locations (the information submitted shall include for each project, as a minimum, the following:
- project title;
- contractual role of the firm;
- the presence of any affiliate or parent companies and their respective roles;
- location, start and completion dates;
- name of the Client;
- funding source, objectives and brief narrative description of the project;
- functions and tasks carried out;
- applicable national and/or international codes and standards, and certification.
Adequacy and quality of the proposed methodology and work plan in responding to the Terms of Reference (ToRs);
Key Experts’ qualifications and competence for the Assignment.
1. The selection will normally be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the selection criteria set out in the RFP. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice and/or the RFP shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes to the RFP, consultants will need to download the updated version of the RFP. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.
3. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (local time).
RFP is available in English version and may be obtained through the official request to the Employer to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The form of official request can be downloaded through the link below:
Original of the Proposal and one (1) copy in English should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the address below before 14-00 March 31, 2020.
Please note that submission of proposals that do not comply with these requirements may be rejected.
Proposals received after this time and date may not be considered and may be returned unopened.
State Road Agency of Ukraine
Attn: Oleksandr Kubrakov, Head
Office 514, 9 Fizkultury str., Kyiv 03150, Ukraine
Tel/fax: +38 044 287-60-00
Following the submission deadline, your Proposal will be opened in the presence of your representative(s).
For further information about RFP, please contact address below:
Attn: Olena Kryvoruchko, Head of PIU
Office 706, 51 Antonovicha str., Kyiv 03150, Ukraine
Tel/fax: +38 044 287-70-60
If requested, instead of a hard copy the RFP can be dispatched electronically in PDF format. If so, the Consultant is required to send an email requesting documents electronically.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R, Rev. November 2017) which can be located at: