SUPPLY OF NEW LOW-ENTRY DIESEL BUSES
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on 13 April 2017.
Batumi Autotransport LLC hereinafter referred to as “the Purchaser”, intends to use part of the proceeds of a loan from the Bank towards the cost of Batumi Bus Project.
The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from Suppliers for the following Contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan:
- Supply of new low-entry diesel buses (8-8.8m length)
Tendering for contracts that are to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country.
To be qualified for the award of a Contract, Tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- The Tenderer, or any partner in a JVCA, shall not have a consistent history of litigation and/or arbitration resulting in awards against the Tenderer, or any partner in a JVCA, within the last 3 (three) years.
- Average annual turnover as prime Supplier (defined as billing for Goods and Services delivered and under delivery) over the last 3 years EUR 8 million equivalent and with not less than EUR 5 million equivalent of these total revenues from the sales of diesel buses in the last year of the above indicated three year period.
- The Tenderer must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet (i) the cash flow for a period of three months estimated as not less than EUR3 million, and (ii) overall cash flow requirements for this Contract and its current commitments.
- The audited balance sheets, or if not required by the law of the Tenderer’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last 3 (three) years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the current soundness of the Tenderer’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability.
- In the case of a tenderer offering to supply goods under the Contract which the tenderer does not manufacture or otherwise produce, the tenderer has been duly authorised by the manufacturer or producer of the goods to supply the goods in the Purchaser’s country in accordance with the requirements of the Tender documents;
- The Tenderer or the manufacturer has conducted a successful delivery of at least 150 new public transport buses of any model over 11TGVW over the past three years, including deliveries outside of the tenderer’s and the manufacturer’s country.
- The tenderer or the manufacturer, if the tenderer is not a manufacturer himself, shall have at least 10 years of experience of manufacturing public transport buses of any model over 11T GVW;
- The manufacturing plant to be used for the manufacture of the buses in question – in the event of contract award – must have been used for the manufacture of buses for 36 months and during the last 12 months shall have been used for the manufacture of the same or similar type of buses prior to the date of the tender release.
- The Tenderer must demonstrate evidence of its capability to carry out the supplier’s maintenance, repair and spare parts stocking obligations prescribed in the tender documents.
- The tenderer and the manufacturer (plant) must have an independently certified quality management system (to ISO 9001, or its equivalent) and environmental management system (to ISO 14001, or its equivalent).
Joint venture, consortium, or association (JVCA) shall satisfy the following minimum qualification criteria:
(a) The lead partner of JVCA shall meet 70% of all the above referred qualification criteria on average annual turnover and financial resources.
(b) Each other partner of JVCA shall meet at least 15% of all the above referred qualification criteria on average annual turnover and financial resources.
(c) JVCA shall meet in whole criteria for experience, eligibility and financial situation referred to above, the corresponding data that defines the overall capacity of the JVCA shall be specified for each partner. Each JVCA partner shall meet the requirements for historical financial performance and eligibility.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 200 or equivalent in a convertible currency at the exchange rate announced by the National Bank of Georgia on the date of payment. The money should be transferred to:
Beneficiary: Batumi Autotransport LLC, LLC
Liberty Bank LBRTGE22
Upon receiving appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will be promptly dispatched by courier, however, no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. If requested the documents can also be dispatched electronically after the presentation by the prospective tenderer of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of any discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of EUR 65 000 or its equivalent in a convertible currency.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 15.00 Batumi local time on 15.03.2018 at which time they will be opened in the presence of those Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
For tender submission purposes only, the Purchaser’s address is:
Attention: Archil Vanadze
Purchaser’s name: Batumi Autotransport LTD
Street Address: 25 – Batumi City Hall, Luka Asatiani
Floor/Room number: 2nd floor, Briefing room
Postal Code: 6010
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) which can be located at:
A register of potential Tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective Tenderers may obtain further information from, and also inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Contact name: Mr. Giorgi Kontselidze,
Purchasing entity: Batumi Autotransport LTD
Address: 13, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani Str., Batumi, Georgia
Mobile: +995593010813; +995599575723
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com