16/05/2016: THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST IS EXTENDED BY ONE WEEK UNTIL 23 MAY 2016
Project Description: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD" or the "Bank") has provided financing to State Enterprise National Nuclear Energy Generating Company "Energoatom" ("Energoatom") to assist with the safety upgrade of power units of Nuclear Power Plants. Energoatom is a 100% state enterprise, subordinated to the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine. It was established in October 1996 as the operator of nuclear facilities in Ukraine with the main objectives to maintain and operate the existing power capacities and construction of the new ones, procurement of new nuclear fuel and the transportation of spent nuclear fuel, establishment of the national infrastructure for management of irradiated nuclear fuel, and physical security of nuclear power industry facilities. Energoatom’s four nuclear facilities are comprised of 15 operating nuclear power units, 13 of which are VVER-1000 reactors and two VVER-400, aggregating a total installed capacity of 13,835 MWe. As such, Ukraine ranks seventh in the world in terms of the total installed NPP capacity. The main goal of Energoatom’s activity is to increase electricity production and the NPPs’ capacity factor while ensuring continued improvement of the operational safety to meet international standards. Energoatom’s electricity production meets about 55% of Ukraine’s total electricity demand (in recent winters, 60%), although its installed capacity represents only 26.6% of the Ukrainian total. Beside the four nuclear power plants, the Company also comprises 9 service subdivisions, in particular, those for nuclear machine building industry and instrumentation engineering. Around 35,000 employees work in the Company.
Assignment Description: The objective of the proposed consultancy assignment is to advise Energoatom on corporatisation and to strengthen its institutional capacity and sustainability. The selected consultant will be required to assist Energoatom as follows:
(i) undertake an extensive study that includes recommendations on possible steps towards legal and commercial corporation of Energoatom with economic justification of corporatisation;
(ii) introduce modern management information systems; and
(iii) assist with the implementation of the corporate sustainable development strategy to achieve the supply-side energy efficiency improvements and high industrial standards in Ukraine.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The assignment is expected to start in Q3 2016 and last for 18 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 500,000; exclusive of VAT.
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed through the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no consultant nationality eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate Services are required. The Consultant shall be a firm or consortium with comprehensive experience and expertise in corporatisation studies.
The Consultant shall nominate the following Key Experts for the assignment:
Key Expert 1: Senior corporatisation expert/team leader with at least 10 years experience in state-owned enterprise reform, corporatisation/commercialisation of public sector entities in the economies in transition;
Key Expert 2: Senior managing engineer with at least 10 years experience in technical management of power system planning and/or operational quality control in a nuclear power facility/company;
Key Expert 3. Organisation/human resources development expert with at least 5 years experience in labour management, occupational health and safety management, management training, and organisational restructuring in the power sector;
Key Expert 4: Power sector financial advisor with at least 5 years experience in financial accounting and financial management in the power sector business entities;
Key Expert 5: Energy lawyer with at least 5 years' experience in commercial laws, state-owned enterprise reform, and corporate restructuring in the energy sector;
Key Expert 6: Expert in implementation of integrated management systems in nuclear energy with at least 5 years’ experience and the appropriate proficiency evidence certificates.
The Consultant will also be required to provide additional expertise as follows:
- Environmental, health and safety expert with approximately 5 years’ experience in corporate and/or operational environmental, health and safety management,
- Communication/corporate sustainability specialist with expertise on social responsibility, stakeholders’ relations, and sustainability accountability mechanisms in commercial entities in the power sector;
- ICT technology expert with at least 5 years’ experience in implementing and reengineering computerised management information systems (MISs) for the power sector business entities;
- Local experts with at least 5 years’ experience to support each of international experts/specialists. The local experts should have extensive in-depth local power sector knowledge and good contacts in the public sector and be able to assist international experts to quickly become familiarised with their tasks by translating various documents into English, identifying and compiling a set of government/ corporate policies, regulations and procedures.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English electronically through e-Selection, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The EBRD reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if the permissible file size is exceeded (4MB), the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
E-mail: email@example.com (submissions should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address).
1. Following this invitation for Expressions of Interest, a shortlist of qualified consultants will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding. Energoatom will be the contracting party for this assignment.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
(a) Consultancy Firm's experience in experience and expertise in corporatisation studies - 40%
(b) Consultancy Firm's experience in the region or in similar environments - 20%
(b) CVs of Key Experts - 40%.