A delegation of the EBRD Board of Directors will pay a visit to FYR Macedonia from 19-22 October 2014.
The visit will provide the Board Directors with an opportunity to meet the state leadership, representatives of local businesses, foreign investors and civil society, as well as international financial institutions and the diplomatic community. The delegation will visit the capital, Skopje, and the Bank’s clients and business partners in Ohrid, Prilep and Kavadarci.
The Directors will meet: President Gjorge Ivanov; Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Zoran Stavreski; Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Vladimir Peshevski; Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs Fatmir Besimi and National Bank Governor Dimitar Bogov.
Representatives of the EBRD Board will include:
- Raphael Bello representing France
- Evren Dilekli representing Turkey, Romania, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyz Republic
- Makoto Honda representing Japan
- Kalin Mitrev representing Bulgaria, Poland, Albania
- Artem Shevalev representing Switzerland, Ukraine, Lichtenstein, Turkmenistan, Serbia, Montenegro, Moldova
- Luyen Tran representing the USA
- Paul Vlaanderen representing the Netherlands, Mongolia, FYR Macedonia, Armenia.
They will be accompanied by Anca Ioana Ionescu, EBRD Head of the Skopje Resident Office; Holger Muent, EBRD Director, Western Balkans and Oleg Levitin, EBRD Senior Political Counsellor.
The EBRD began investing in the FYR Macedonian economy in 1993. To date it has signed over 80 projects in the country with a net cumulative business volume of more than €1.1 billion.