Эта страница не доступна на русском языке.
After the United States and China, transition economies are among the highest greenhouse gases emitters in the world, with 13 per cent of the global total. The most energy-intensive economies are located in the EBRD’s countries of operations including Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan, whose energy intensity five times that of Western Europe.
In implementing the Sustainable Energy Initiative (SEI) in 2009-2011, the bank aims for
• investment target within a range of €3 to 5 billion within a total project value range of €9 to 15 billion
• a TC funding target of €100 million
• an investment grant/concessional finance target of €250 million
• a set physical carbon reduction target estimated within a range of 25 to 35 million tons of CO2 per annum.
Driven by demand and by evolving global priorities, the following additional areas are being developed during SEI Phase 2:
• energy efficiency in buildings
• stationary use of biomass
• climate change mitigation in natural resources sectors
• transport energy efficiency, and
• climate change adaptation.
The Bank has also been expanding its policy dialogue activity under SEI, including the signing of Sustainable Energy Action Plans with the Governments of Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and most recently Russia.
Last updated 26 April 2010