Supervision of Works for Urban Regeneration of the public spaces within residential blocks in the districts Alfa, Faleza Mureș, Confecții, Micălaca, Aurel Vlaicu and City Centre, including the protected area”
The Invitation for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice No. 8364-GPN-48156 for this project which was published in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD’s web-site (http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/project.shtml) on July 25, 2016 and in the Supplement to the Official Journal of European Union (OJ/S).
The City of Arad intends using the proceeds of the EBRD loan towards the cost of the "Urban Regeneration Plan of the spaces between apartment buildings in the neighbourhoods Alfa, Faleza Mures, Confectii, Micalaca, Vlaicu and Centre, including the protected area of the Arad Municipality" Project.
The works will consist of the construction of ground parking and related facilities, respectively sidewalks, sewers, street furniture and green areas.
The Project consist in the following:
- Landscaping of ground parking places - 201.140 mp
- Landscaping of the sidewalks – 38.121mp
- Realisation of the rainwater drainage – 12.770ml
- Landscaping of the recreation areas - 64.652mp
- Realisation of the vertical signalization – 921 pieces
- Realisation of the horizontal signalization – transversal markings – 6.660mp; longitudinal markings – 7.630ml
- Fast parking construction: - Micalaca 100-200 – 2 pieces;
- Micalaca 300 – 3 pieces;
- Micalaca 500-700 – 1 piece;
- Alfa – 2 pieces;
The works will comprise rehabilitation of the areas between the blocks of flats (parking places, sidewalks and green areas, rainwater drainage), extension of water and sewerage networks, including Specifications, Drawings and Bill of Quantities.
The Consultant will be required to undertake the role of the “Engineer” as defined in the FIDIC RED Conditions of Contract as well as to ensure the Independent Construction Supervision in accordance with the legal provisions in this field.
The main purpose of this activity is to support the preparation of tender documents, assistance during the tender and supervision of the project's works.
The Services shall include, but not be limited to the following: (a) participation in the preparation of tender documents, assistance during the tender and supervision of the project works; (b) establishment of systems of managerial control for works contract; (c) the Engineer’s administration of Contract, (d) control over estimated works quantities and contract outcome costs, in monitoring the progress of the Works and technical records; (e) control and acceptance of contractor’s interim and final payment certificates; (f) the acceptance and/or approval of Contractors’ key staff, insurances, guarantees, licenses, programs, method statements, traffic management plans, safety measures, suppliers and materials for incorporation in the works, the quality assurance and control plans, laboratory provisions and execution of the testing program, subcontractors, plant, equipment and environmental protection; (g) direct supervision of the works and monitoring of progress; (h) the preparation of progress, technical and contractual reports, (i) execution of the control tests of all materials intended for incorporation into permanent works and the all executed works, (j) assisting the Municipality in the reporting (technical, financial, environmental, i.e.) to EBRD on administration of works contract and other Health and Safety matters .
The assignment is expected to start in May 2017 and last about of 60 months (including 24 months for the defect notification period).
The contract will be financed 51% from EBRD loan and 49% by the City of Arad and consulting firms from any countries are eligible for shortlisting and selection.
In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms' profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2 - 4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from project duration), assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
In order to successfully implement the assignment, it is envisaged that the consultant’s team will consist of the following experts:
- 1 (one) Team Leader / Resident Engineer - Civil Engineering Degree; minimum 10 years of experience under similar assignments; minimum 1 assignment as Team Leader/ Resident Engineer;
- 1 (one) Quantities Surveyor - Civil Engineering Degree; minimum 7 years of experience under similar assignments; minimum 1 assignment as Quantities Surveyor;
- 1 (one) products Quality Surveyor – Degree in Civil Engineering; minimum 7 years of experience under similar assignments, minimum 1 assignment as Products Quality Surveyor;
- 1 (one) Road Inspector - Authorized in Roads, bridges, tunnels, runways, cable transport, in accordance with State Construction Inspectorate; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments (Note: This is the full official expert field according to Romanian Legislation, but the English "Road expert" may be used if it fully covers the same expertise);
- 1 (one) Water and Wastewater Inspector - Authorized in accordance with State Construction Inspectorate; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments;
- 1 (one) Civil, Industrial and Agricultural Works Inspector - Authorized in accordance with State Construction Inspectorate; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments;
- 1 (one) Electrical Works Inspector - Authorized in accordance with State Construction Inspectorate; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments;
- 1 (one) Inspector authorized in landscaping - in accordance with the specific regulations provisions; minimum 5 years of experience under similar assignments.
The Consultant’s experts to have good knowledge of FIDIC Conditions of Contract – Red Book / IFI Conditions of Contract. The languages of the contract are English and Romanian.
Also, the Consultant shall envisage the group of following technical support staff:
- 1 (one) Traffic Engineer;
- 1 (one) Health & Safety Expert;
- 1 (one) Financial Expert;
- Administrative Staff;
The Consultant should be a firm or a consortium of firms with valid license for at least one member of the consortium for independent construction supervision in accordance with the legal provisions on this field.
The Consultant shall simultaneously comply with the following minim requirements:
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract related to civil constructions in the last 5 (five) years;
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract related to the supervision of works for putting in place/modernization of public utilities (water/wastewater & lighting) in the last 5 (five) years;
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract demonstrating knowledge of the local building regulations.
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) (http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc). should be submitted, in English and Romanian via email (pdf) to the Client's contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date 16 January 2017 at 10.00 am local time. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files. In case of discrepancy, the English language version of the documentation, will prevail.
Evaluation criteria of EOIs:
1) Company Profile - 10%, out of which 5% years of experience in the field and 5% backstopping capacity (number of qualified permanent staff, presence of local office in the country, availability to qualified experts, etc);
2) Experience - 50%, out of which 25% experience of the Consultant under similar assignments related to urban roads, 15% experience of the Consultant under similar assignments related to urban utilities networks and 10% experience of the Consultant in the region;
3) Access to qualified experts: - 40%,
To demonstrate access to qualified experts the Consultants shall provide at least once CV for each position required for the implementation of the contract, as indicated above.
Procurement procedure: Procurement of the consultancy services will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) dated October, 2014.
One shortlist of qualified firms will be prepared on the response to this invitation, after which short-listed firms will be invited to submit their proposals.
If the Consultant has been found by a judicial process or other official enquiry to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices as defined in the EBRD PP&R, details of the basis for the outcome of such process or enquiry shall be provided with the expression of interest.
The Employer reserves the right not to shortlist consulting firms that have been found to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices regardless of the results of technical evaluation of the expressions of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local time).
Contact name Mrs. Laura Bocancios
Client Municipality of Arad
Address Revolutiei Square, no 75, Arad
Phone: 0040 257 212 478
Fax: 0040 257 212 478